Skip to main content

Papers, Papers, Papers!

Filling out and turning in your mission papers is a big deal. And for a first time missionary mom and a first time missionary, we were floundering a bit. But eventually, Nathan met with our bishop and the stake president and got the "papers" meaning he got access to online recommendation system. He had a physical exam, lab work, dental visit, and luckily had his wisdom teeth out a year or so before (after which he was HILARIOUS, but that's a different story!).


 Finally, he hit "submit" on the last form...


He changed into a white shirt and tie so we could get a head shot. Kept the warm-up pants on though!


The head shot.

We were so excited! And nervous! But mostly excited! So now to wait for our bishop to review and sign off of the forms, then the stake president to review and sign off on the forms, then they get sent to Church Headquarters in Salt Lake City. We hit a couple more bumps on the road - bishop didn't get the email notification that the papers were ready for him to do his part, so that was delayed by a few weeks, then there was a lab result snafu (they wanted actual numbers for lab results and the results we got just said 'negative'), but with the help of the stake clerk and a friend who used to work in a lab, we finally got it cleared up and the stake president got them submitted. So now the waiting and compulsive mailbox checking began!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zone Conference Pics!

Whoever manages the mission FB page is so great about taking and putting up pictures of the missionaries at their Zone Conferences, etc. I love scanning the pictures looking for my boy! And I love how I can't help but smile and get the warm fuzzies when I find him! Here are a few from the North Zone Conference at the Ridgefield Stake Center Feb 23, 2018 . Eating lunch Singing "As I Have Loved You" for the sisters who provided lunch. The North Zone

P-Day #9 - Transfers!

 I'm almost done with my first transfer! We got the transfer email of where people are going to be  on Saturday  but I'm not moving and neither is Elder Hofmann, I imagine we have one more transfer together then he's probably going to move also  tomorrow is my two month mark! Our District stayed the same except one of the Long beach sisters missions ended so she goes home  tomorrow ! And her companion is staying and training. We did get a new Zone Leader and one of the Spanish Missionaries left from Astoria we see the Zl's and the Spanish Elders more than our actual district because they're closer and our building is in Astoria and Seaside and Long beach both have their own buildings, we are going down to Seaside today to a couple of beaches and the Nike Outlet so pictures to come! We got some really weird new investigators this week I can't remember if i told you about Dennis but we went to Subway for lunch and an old man came up to us and said "Hey ...

Warrenton Oregon

Got this email from Elder Donaldson today. A man of few words! I dont have a computer so i can't make it where you can't see the other emails. SoTuesday  morning i left the mtc at 350 am and got on the bus to the airport. At the airport there was this awesome guy Nate from BYU that bought us breakfast then we got on the plane to Portland! It was like a 2 hour flight we arrived at the Portland airport at like 930 and got off the plane to meet the missionaries going home! They were so nice and helpful then we met President and Sister McAteer (macateer) they're so awesome. I spent the first day tracting with 6'7 Elder Lucuer (lusweer) on bikes it was fun then we had dinner and stayed at the mission home. In the morning was transfers where i met my dad Elder Hofmann I'm in Warrenton Oregon right on the coast. It's so beautiful here and i love it already  The program from church. Youngs Bay at sunset. Elders Hofmann and Donaldson on their walk this mo...